WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE!? Read on…
…and now to explain these alphabet creams
All women in the world desire skin that is beautiful smooth, flawless and baby-soft. In today world’s, the way to flawless beauty is as easy as AA, BB, CC, DD & even EE. Shall we navigate our way through the alphabet creams. The AA, BB, CC DD & even the EE creams have become trend setters in the world of beauty as they provide the user with a completely natural looking finish and they promise us an even better looking skin if we stay religiously true with continued use.
Let us begin with the very able multitasking BB or Beauty Balm or the Blemish Balm cream. From its humble beginnings in Germany as a way to protect post-surgery skin, the BB cream very quickly evolved to became an important part of every woman’s beauty regime and today it commands a huge piece of the cosmetic market.
The BB cream is touted to be an all-in-one ‘wonder cream’ promising a multitude of benefits:
● It’s a make-up primer for a flawless finish, cutting make–up time by half
● Its silicone-based ingredients, such as dimethicone help smooth the skin, acting much like a foundation primer.
● it has broad Spectrum SPF to protect against the sun’s damage
● it tightens pores, refines the skin and the mica in its formula gives skin a luminous finish, enhancing the complexion
● it has perfect oil control, is long wearing and gives natural coverage
● it conceals the marks from past acne breakout, improving skin texture
The BB cream has skin nourishing benefits, is used for anti-aging treatment, acts as a UVA /UVB sunblock, has tone balancing corrector properties, is a skin rejuvenator, concealer of spots, marks and redness and to top it off can be used as a primer for make-up to give a smooth flawless finish to the skin. BB creams can be used on its own or complemented with a foundation for better coverage.
Next comes the CC cream aka Colour Correcting Cream or Complexion Corrector or Correct and Cover and others call it the Colour Control cream. The CC cream, besides moisturising and priming the skin before make –up, also acts as a substitute for light weight foundation coverage. The CC cream has broad spectrum SPF protection against the sun’s damage and with an oil control formula, it helps to refine the appearance of pores. So if your problem is uneven skin tone or you are acne-prone, has skin discolouration issues or you are susceptible to skin redness, then the CC cream is for you as it is loaded with vitamins C and E which helps to:
● reduces redness and fades skin discoloration such as dark spots, sun spots, age marks and post acne scars
● brightens skin’s dull and sallow appearance, leaving it radiant looking
● smoothens and evens out skin tone, giving skin a refined complexion
With the BB and CC occupying a large part of our beauty routine, what then does the DD Cream do for us? The first DD cream was launched as a Daily Defense product for body and feet and not the face. Then the cosmetic world heralded the arrival of the “Dynamic Do-all” cream for the face and we are told that the new wonder cream, DD works in tandem with the CC and the BB. This light weight DD cream defends your skin against the harsh elements of sun and wind by:
● hydrating and moisturizing the skin giving skin a bright luminence
● minimising pores and refines the skin by providing self-adjusting coverage
● reduces oil while soothing blemishes, reducing redness and evens out skin tone
● its anti-aging properties decrease the appearance of fine lines and firm the skin.
● nourishes the skin whilst enhancing the skin’s elasticity
The DD or Dynamic Do All or otherwise Dermatologically Defining Cream combines well with the BB and CC. The DD focuses on anti-aging with ingredients to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and at the same time nourishes the skin to give it a healthy, youthful glow. So a DD cream is a must to be incorporated into your daily beauty routine to see improvements in the skin.
The AA Cream or the Anti-aging cream comes to mind if fine lines and wrinkles are your skin’s problem and you wish to slow down the signs of aging. The AA cream is formulated with ingredients like retinoids and firming peptides. Retinoids help to unclog pores, reduce fine lines and smoothens skin from the surface. Peptides works on the subcutaneous layer, firming the skin by activating the cells to produce collagen and collagen gives skin its elasticity and its youthfulness.
What is it about the EE cream then? The Even Effect or EE cream is yet another of the famous alphabet creams and it’s selling point is its ability to protect the skin from the elements, the sun especially the UV rays, the wind and the pollutants. Skin thus exposed everyday will suffer damage leading to the appearance of dark spots, sun spots, redness and acne marks. Using the EE cream daily will help to conceal these skin imperfections.
The AA, BB, CC, DD and EE are great creams with attributes that overlaps and each alphabet cream is equally beneficial for the skin. Which of the Cream is best for you? The general beauty rule is to go for the cream that best answers your skin’s problems. Then religiously incorporate the right cream into your beauty regime to ensure the best results. Going beyond the AA to EE, the world is waiting for the arrival of the next generation of the alphabet creams and the possibility is endless.Share this on Facebook