Importance of Skin Care
Good and healthy skin care is very essential especially to ensure graceful ageing. Babies have supple, smooth and soft skin which is considered to be moist and wrinkle free. Over time, harsh elements in our environment starts causing it tough and dry. As you age, sagging and wrinkles on the skin starts to emerge too which makes people worried and distressed. Good skin care can effectively slow down these harmful effects brought upon by environment and time.
How our skin operates
Before you attempt to obtain the best skin care, it is essential to know more about how your skin operate. Your skin consists of three layers and that includes the subcutaneous layer, dermis and the epidermis. The subcutaneous layer is the innermost layer of the skin which contains tissues such as fat cells that insulates the body. The dermis is considered to be the middle layer containing the connective tissue of the skin. Finally the epidermis is the outermost layer of your skin which bears the responsibility of protecting your inner skin from different environment contaminants. Cells that are found in this layer become thinner for overtime.
A thorough understanding of these three important layers is very important so you can already have an idea, the type of skin care regimen or routines to follow. As less collagen is produced in your skin, expect that your skin may gradually lose its elasticity. This may cause sagging of the skin and the appearance of wrinkles. The quantity of sweat glands will also decrease overtime which leads to dryer skin. Therefore skin care is compulsory to if you want to retain a younger looking and radiant, glowing skin and…of course start as young as you can!
Cleansing and moisturising habits
Good skin care requires proper moisturising and cleansing habits. Cleansing is essential to remove all types of dirt and even dead skin cells. It helps to prevent the onset of acne or pimples. However, this process can also dry out your skin as it removes the oil that protects your skin at the same time. As a result, you need to make constant use of effective products to restore moisture and water in your skin for its protection.
Korean skin care moisturisers are recommended than bar soap since there are primarily designed to combat drying agents. The range of cleansers that can be used also heavily depends on the type of skin you have. Cleansers that contain Vitamin E are recommended as it helps in maintaining overall skin quality, especially its elasticity, healing your skin internally. Same goes for other types of skin care products, all of these needs to be tailored to your skin type and it varies from person to person.
Skin care demands effort and time.
Quality skin care requires patience, time, dedication and considerable amount of effort. Here are some of the things you need to do to maintain a healthy skin.
- Any skin care routine needs to be consistent in order for it to be really effective in the long run. This consistency will definitely pay off as you age.
- You need to avoid overexposing yourself to direct sun and apply generous amounts of sunscreen lotion containing optimal SPF levels.
- Healthy diet is a must and needs to be a ritual to ensure overall health and skin quality. This serves as the fundamental layer to all skin care efforts as your body conditions dictate how you respond to any external applications like skin care routines and products.
- Smoking definitely needs to be avoided in your journey towards flawless and perfect skin. Besides, quitting smoking offers a multitude of health benefits all could contribute to skin quality.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of water and constantly keep yourself hydrated since this omnipotent agent of life can cleanse and rejuvenate your body and re-hydrate your skin to keep it moist and protected.
- Finally, exercise! One of the most important component of any great skin care tips (and often the one thing Malaysians skip!) Schedule for exercises or hitting the gym at least once a week no matter how busy, for its essential to your overall health not only skin.
Read next article : Equally important to follow consistent skin care routine!Share this on Facebook